Geographical indications are indications used to identify agricultural, natural or manufactured goods originating from a definite geographical territory and having a special quality, reputation or other characteristic. The manufactured goods should be produced or processed in that territory.
Geographical indications encompass what is known as the Appellation of origin. Appellations of origin are special types of geographical indications used for products with a specific quality that is exclusively or essentially due to the geographical environment in which the products are produced.
DARAKEV Law Office provides the following legal services related to geographical indications, including but not limited to:
• Conducting searches for registered geographical indications with assessment of
the registrability of the geographical indication to be applied or the user entry
• Providing legal advices and representation in filing and prosecuting geographical
indication applications or user entries, including response to or appeal against
office actions in the course of prosecution of geographical indication applications
• Providing legal services in filing international geographical indication
applications or user entries
• Providing legal advices and representation in recordal of changes in
geographical indication applications/registrations or user entries
• Providing legal advices and representation in settlements of
appeals, disputes, infringement actions of geographical indication
• Providing legal advices about the Bulgarian and EU customs
geographical indication regulations